Semi-Automatic Vs Fully Automatic Washing Machine in india
Washing machines have become oxygen to the Indian household to run their lives smoothly. It is the essential household appliance to make your daunting task more manageable. But there are different types of washing machines for different criteria. It isn’t easy to choose the right one, especially for first-time users. Do not get confused or scroll through other articles. I am here to give your answers with a detailed guide. Please dive into this article to make the right decision. Primarily, there are two types of washing machines, semi-automatic and fully automatic. If you are unable to decide the right style, please have a bird’s eye view on this brief discussion of both types along with the features.
Water consumption in semi-automatic washing machine vs fully automatic
Most of the semi-automatic washing machines are top-loaded. Before washing, the users need to add water manually using a pipe or a bucket. However, the water consumption level depends on the usage and capacity of the model. But generally, top-loading washing machines are more water-efficient than front-loader. That means, front-loaders give an excellent spin using less water.
I bought a top-loader washing machine in 2014. Recently, I bought a front-loader one month back. Therefore, I can draw a comparison between the two types.
The top-loader is not very efficient. I can control the water level in it. On the other hand, front-loader is efficient. I can maintain the water level. The front-loader consumes one-fourth water than the top-loader. Likewise, for the same load capacity, semi-auto machines drink lesser water than the fully automatic appliances.
For instance, I can say, where a semi-automatic one needs 80-100 litres water, a fully automatic front-loader consumes 60-80 litres. But you will surprise to hear that a top-loader consumes 120-160 litres of water.
Semi-automatic vs fully automatic washing machine power consumption
Semi-automatic machines need more workforce. You need to add water before starting the engine and also need to drain the water after completion of the washing.
Most of the semi-automatic machines can save water. Therefore, we do not need continuous water flow to run this machine. They consume significantly less electricity. It would help if you did not expense much to pay your monthly electricity bill.
Whereas fully automatic machines are very much upgraded. It can complete the whole task without a workforce. A much-upgraded machine always requires more power to run the machine. So, a fully-automatic device will make a hole in your pocket to consume more electricity.
Second, electric consumption also depends on the usage of the units. Though front-loaders need less water, they come with a more speedy wash cycle. Similarly, front loaders need less water but have a smaller wash cycle. If you want to wash your clothes using hot water, you automatically need more electricity to make the water warm. If you fly with regular tap water, the front-loaders consume more electricity to run the quick wash cycle procedure.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of semi-automatic machines:
- Very cheap priced and affordable
- Does not require continuous water flow
- Needs significantly less amount of water
- Washing procedure needs less time
- You can easily control the unit
- Consumes less power
Disadvantages of semi-automatic machines:
- Requires manual intervention for draining and refilling function
- Does not ensure child safety
- They are bigger, therefore requires much space
- Creates little noise and vibration
Advantages of fully automatic machines:
- Comes with automatic control, it can do the work automatically
- Enabled with advanced modern technology, you can operate it easily
- Provides better washing experience, quality and cleanliness
- Ensures child safety
- Takes less space
- Very less maintenance
Disadvantages of fully automatic machines:
- Little expensive
- Consumes much power
- Needs adequate amount of water for washing
- Little difficult to operate
Difference between the Semi-Automatic Vs Fully Automatic Washing Machine
Semi-automatic washing machines are ubiquitous in India. As it needs manual support, it is cost-effective. In the recent era, fully automatic washing machines have gained popularity. It does not require manual intervention to run the system.
Below are the differences between a semi-auto and fully auto machines-
- Functionality: A semi-automatic unit requires more detergent and water. It requires manual support to run. But fully automated appliances do all the tedious tasks to allow the users to relax with a cup of coffee in the cold nights.
- Cleaning process: Fully automated machines are straightforward to control. You need to put your clothes and detergent and make the switch on. It will do the rest of the work. But semi-automated units require constant attention. Apart from setting the clothes and detergent, it would help if you regulated the water supply, washing, transfer clothes to the dryer tub after washing, and many more to operate.
- Maintenance: Semi-automatic machines are more significant and require good care. Whereas, the fully automated ones are very sturdy and excellent for regular use.
Features of the washing machine:
The newest models of washing machines come with latest features to complete all your laundry activities.
- Display: Most of the machines come with control buttons to make the engines run. The indicator light is present to signify the duration of the washing cycle. Pause buttons help you to insert an extra sock in the middle of the washing cycle.
- Use of resources: Some machines come with low temperature to consume minimum power. Some have sensors to calculate the amount of energy and detergent. Many models come up with automatic dosing feature and consumption forecast.
- Safety: Washing machines come with safety features to protect users from accidents. Child lock ensures the security of your kid from any mess. Leak prevention and overheating prevention make your machine durable and long-lasting.
- Design: In recent times, washing machines come with the newest technology to make the motor quiet. They are enabled with self-cleaning drawers to flush out the residue to make your unit clean. Designed drums make the clothes move evenly to ensure thorough cleaning.
- Wash-cycle: Comes with an anti-stain feature to move all the dirt. They have sensor functionality to make all the features perform to make the washing process more comfortable.
Here I have discussed all the details of the fully automatic and semi-automatic washing machines. Though semi-automatic machines come with a lot of functionalities, fully automated ones have advanced technologies to make the cleaning process more comfortable. But if you are on a low-budget, can opt for the semi-automatic. I think you are now able to decide which type of machines would be perfect for serving your purpose. Before making a significant investment, please read this post thoroughly to make the right choice.